Today early morning as I went to bed at 3.30 am, something that was rapidly changing colours caught my eye. It was a star - The Rigel ! I have been seeing it for the past I don't know how many years...but never have I noticed it to be a magnificent binary - the fact that it was binary was so very evident ! It shimmered shades of red, ornage, white and kept changing colours - as if it were a spherical rainbow spinning at top speed and my eye was able to catch only a couple of hues of the rainbow.
To my surprise, I then noticed that the rest of the stars in the eastern sky were shimmering too...as if they were happily dancing to the tune of the magical music of the August sky ! Wonder why the stars never seemed to twinkle as much as they did today ... Maybe today marks the beginning of a life full of peace, happiness, contentment and success :)
This seems so much in tune with the NASA image of the day titled "Lighting up the night" - The launch of space shuttle Discovery. I also learnt that it was on my birthday last year that Chandrayan I was launched ...pity that the poor thing is left floating abandoned now in space.
No comments:
Post a Comment